We are calling for volunteers to become our Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for the Test Item Development Project! Please fill out the application below and submit it by March 27, 2017.
CCHI conducted its second national Job Task Analysis (JTA) of the healthcare interpreters in 2016. That national survey was completed by over 2,000 interpreters, trainers and supervisors/managers. The results from this survey (click here to read the JTA Report of 2016) led to the creation of the new certification examinations blueprint (click here to see the 2017 CCHI Test Content Outline).
It’s time to develop NEW items for our exams! And the first step is to convene several panels of volunteer Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) who will write new test items, review, and validate them over the next 4-6 months. CCHI will provide all the necessary orientation and training via conference calls and online collaboration tools. All tasks will also be performed via remote tools.
Who should apply?
Our goal is to convene several diverse and representative panels of SMEs - item writers and item reviewers. It is important that panelists for the panels to represent our profession in a comprehensive manner. For this reason, we are looking for volunteers who are:
- Interpreters who have CoreCHI™ or CHI™ certifications (this requirement is mandatory for practicing interpreters),
- Interpreter managers and supervisors working in healthcare settings,
- Interpreter educators and trainers,
- Certified translators with healthcare/medical areas of expertise.
What are your commitments (if selected)?
- Sign CCHI’s Confidentiality and Content Security Agreements. (Review our SME Participation Policies prior to applying.)
- Be available for prompt discussion via email or online collaboration tools for the duration of the project, which is between April 3 - October 30, 2017.
- Be available for the first first 2-hour orientation conference call on April 5, 6 or 7, 2017. Depending on which panel you are selected for (CoreCHI™ exam or CHI™ exam), you will be given a choice of the time slots at 10 am EST or at 7 pm EST on these days. Please apply only if you can participate in a call at one of these time slots on these dates.
- Be able to complete the online item writer/reviewer preparation module between April 7-12, 2017.
- Be available for 3-4 two-hour conference calls during the project.
- Be able to write or review test items independently and in collaboration with three other SMEs (via email/online tools) in the following time periods:
- Item writers for the CoreCHI™ exam - between April 3 – May 3, 2017
- Item reviewers the CoreCHI™ exam - between May 4 – June 4, 2017
- Item writers for the CHI™ exam (English) - between April 3 – May 3, 2017
- Item reviewers the CHI™ exam (English) - between May 4 – May 21, 2017.
- Item reviewers the CHI™ exam (Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin) - between May 22 – July 30, 2017.
- By mutual agreement and availability, SMEs will be engaged in other test development activities in June – October 30, 2017.
This is a volunteer project. CCHI will not pay any honorarium for participation in this project. However, CCHI will grant 2 CE hours for participation in the online training.
How to apply?
Click here to download CCHI's SME Application in MS Word format.
Thank you for your interest and support!