Steps to Schedule Your CHI™ Exam
You may schedule your CHI™ examination once you receive your CHI™ Notice to Schedule. You cannot use the same notice that you received for your CoreCHI™ exam. Each examination has a separate Notice to Schedule. If you have paid your CHI™ exam fee and have not received your CHI™ Notice to Schedule, please log into your CCHI profile and select the "Communications" tab on the top of the screen. Your CHI™ Notice to Schedule is available in the Communications tab to view and print. If you contact a test center and schedule your exam before you receive your CHI™ Notice to Schedule email, you will forfeit your CHI™ exam fee and/or be required to pay a "reschedule charge". You must bring a copy of the CHI™ Notice to Schedule you receive to the test center. If you do not bring your notice, you will not be admitted to take the exam and will forfeit your exam fee.
1. Select a CHI™ Testing Window
The CHI™ exam is offered during four testing windows each year. Testing seats are first come first serve, and some test centers may fill their available testing slots quickly. If you schedule your CHI™ examination outside of testing windows, the exam will not be available when you show up for your scheduled appointment and your exam fee will be forfeited. Upcoming CHI™ tests windows:
- April 16 - May 7, 2018
- July 23 - August 13, 2018
- October 15 - November 5, 2018
The CHI™ performance exam requires a special set up for undisturbed interpretation, spoken aloud. CCHI makes special arrangements for private testing rooms at the following test centers throughout the United States. Click here to search for a testing center nearest to you. Keep in mind that the testing center availability may change from one testing window to another. You may ask our representative if there is a new location available in your state at the time of calling our scheduling line.
3. Schedule Your CHI™ Examination - call (844) 704-1487
Each test center determines the days and times during the week that it will administer the examination. Testing seats are first come first serve, and some test centers may fill their available testing slots quickly.All that you need to do to schedule your exam is to call 844-704-1487 and speak with a scheduling agent who has access to every test center's schedule. Make sure that during scheduling you ask for directions to the test center and to the testing room within the building as well as any parking instructions.
4. Prepare for your CHI™ Examination
- ARABIC CHI™ Oral Examination Preparation Information
- MANDARIN CHI™ Oral Examination Preparation Information
- SPANISH CHI™ Oral Examination Preparation Information
- Candidate Examination Handbook
- Test Content Outline
- Exam Day Information
- Review PowerPoint slides about the CHI™ exam (include screenshots of actual exam)
- After you schedule your examination, if you need to reschedule or cancel your examination date, you may do so up until 48 hours before the scheduled date and time without penalty. If you cancel within 48 hours of your appointment you will forfeit your examination fee and be required to pay a new examination fee in order to reschedule.