Healthcare Interpreters make a difference one word at a time!
Professional healthcare interpreters provide the assurance of safety, accuracy, respect of boundaries, and transparency required in any healthcare setting and any interpreting modality.
Please review the following materials to get ready for your examinations.
- CoreCHI™ Exam Study Tips
- CoreCHI™ Exam: What to Expect & How to Prepare
- CCHI Resources Guide for the CoreCHI™ Examination
- Infection Control and Industrial Safety for Medical Interpreters
- CoreCHI™ Practice Exam (You are not required to take this exam.)
- CHI™ Oral Performance Exam: What to expect & How to Prepare (updated Feb 2017)
- As we are currently updating our materials, we do not offer Sample tests for the oral performance CHI™ exams. Please check back in spring 2017.
CCHI Multilingual Mini-Glossaries
Use this link to access the page where you can download thematic mini-glossaries by the language: http://www.cchicertification.org/41-certification/certification-resources/154-mini-glossaries. It's free! Just sign up with your email and then you will receive an email with the link to the page containing the mini-glossaries. Bookmark that link.
Medical terminology in multiple languages:
- Use this link to MedlinePlus to find health information in languages other than English: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/languages/languages.html
- Healthy Roads Media provides health information in many languages and multiple formats (printout, audio, web-video, iPod video) at http://www.healthyroadsmedia.org
- Health information translations into multiple languages are available at: https://www.healthinfotranslations.org
- This Australian site has health information in multiple languages (keep in mind that the English language in Australia is different than the U.S. English, yet the site is helpful for practicing non-English terminology): http://www.mhcs.health.nsw.gov.au/publicationsandresources/resources/publicationsandresources/resources-by-language
- CCHI Eligibility Requirements
- Test Content Outline (2010)
- Report on CCHI's 2016 Job Task Analysis Study
- Report on CCHI's 2010 Job Task Analysis Study and Results
- Technical Report on the Development and Pilot Testing of CCHI's Examinations (CoreCHI™ and CHI™-Spanish) NOTE: Prior to June 2014 and before applying for its accreditation with NCCA, CCHI offered the AHI™ (Associate Healthcare Interpreter™) credential. Today, CCHI offers its new certification, the CoreCHI™.
- Technical Report on the Development and Pilot Testing of the Certified Healthcare Interpreter™ (CHI™) Examination for Arabic and Mandarin
- Why Do Healthcare Interpreters Choose CCHI Certification?
- Continuing Education Accreditation Program (CEAP)
- Interpreters Brief
- Interpreters Frequently Asked Questions
- CoreCHI™ Certification
- CCHI Certified Healthcare Interpreter™ Brochure
- CCHI History
Standards & Ethics
- The National Council on Interpreting in Health Care (NCIHC) - A National Code of Ethics for Interpreters in Health Care
- The National Council on Interpreting in Health Care (NCIHC) - National Standards of Practice for Interpreters in Health Care
- California Healthcare Interpreter Association (CHIA) - California Standards for Healthcare Interpreters
- International Medical Interpreter Association (IMIA) - Medical Interpreting Standards of Practice
- ASTM F2089-15 Standard Practice for Language Interpreting
Application - $35
CoreCHI™ examination - $175* (this fee is paid together with the application fee at the time of submitting the application)
CHI™ examination - $275*
Read here about our special offer for candidates who have a certification from another interpreter certification entity or from ATA.
*All fees are non-refundable and are for one test administration only.