Candidates can schedule their CoreCHI™ examination or CHI™ examination once they have received their official Notice to Schedule email. Each examination has a separate Notice to Schedule that serves as your Admission Ticket to the examination. Please do not schedule your examination until you have received the Notice to Schedule for that examination.
Testing Schedule for CoreCHI™ Examination
The CoreCHI™ examination is available all year round. You can schedule an exam at any time as soon as you receive your Notice to Schedule in the email. To search available sites, click CCHI Core Certification Healthcare Interpreter Exam™ (CoreCHI™) and then enter your zip code to find the CoreCHI™ sites closest to you.
Attention OREGON candidates:
CCHI has a testing location at IRCO in Portland for both exams. To schedule, please call 800-947-4228 and specify this location.
To start the certification process, please click here to create and submit your application.
Testing Schedule for CHI™ Examination
The CHI™ performance exam requires a special set up for undisturbed interpretation, spoken aloud. CCHI makes special arrangements for private testing rooms during certain testing "windows" each quarter for that exam. This exam is not administered outside of the testing “windows” listed below. To schedule your exam is call 800-947-4228 and speak with a scheduling agent who has access to every test center's schedule. All appointments are on a first come first serve basis, so it's advisable to schedule before the testing window starts.
Next CHI™ Exam Testing Dates:
- October 17 - November 5, 2016
- January 23 - February 13, 2017
- April 19 - May 10, 2017
- July 24 - August 14, 2017
- October 16 - November 6, 2017
Login to your Profile here to pay for the CHI™ exam or to check your Communications tab for the Notice to Schedule.
CCHI test centers for the CHI™ examination are located in the following states and cities. You may also search for test center locations online - click here - by choosing the relevant exam.
Most up-to-date information about these test sites is in your CHI Notice to Schedule. If you do not see your city on this list, call our scheduling line and ask if a center is available near you.
- Arkansas: Fort Smith
- Arizona: Avondale, Nogales
- California: Beaumont, Carmichael, Millbrae, Roseville, Van Nuys, Walnut
- Colorado: Centennial, Glenwood Springs, Greeley
- Connecticut: Hartford, Newington, Woodbridge
- Florida: Fort Lauderdale; Jacksonville, Orlando, Sanford, Tampa
- Georgia: Duluth, Jonesboro, Marietta
- Illinois: Carbondale, Chicago, Jacksonville, Lombard
- Indiana: Evansville, Indianapolis
- Kansas: Manhattan, Overland Park
- Kentucky: Highland Heights
- Massachusetts: Holyoke
- Michigan: Grand Rapids, Dowagiac
- Minnesota: Eagan, Mankato
- Mississippi: Meridian
- Nevada: Las Vegas
- New Mexico: Albuquerque
- New York: Bronx, New York City
- North Carolina: Cary, Castle Hayne, Charlotte, Greensboro, Wilmington
- Ohio: Blue Ash, Cincinnati, Columbus, Fairfield
- Oregon: Portland
- Pennsylvania: Bethlehem
- South Carolina: Greenville
- South Dakota: Rapid City
- Tennessee: Memphis
- Texas: Austin, Beaumont, Corpus Christi, Dallas, El Paso, Harlingen, Houston, Laredo, Port Lavaca, San Antonio, Strafford, Wichita Falls
- Virginia: Alexandria, Annandale, Galax, Hampton, Roanoke, Woodbridge
- Washington: Bellingham, Wenatchee
- Wisconsin: La Crosse, Madison (No testing in Fall 2016), Oshkosh
2016 testing dates:
- January 20 - February 10, 2016
April 18 - May 7, 2016
July 18 - August 6, 2016
October 17 - November 5, 2016