The healthcare interpreting profession has changed dramatically over the years. Heightened public awareness, demographic shifts, technology, national standards, new regulations, and financial pressure have affected the way healthcare providers ensure language access for their patients. Add to that new Joint Commission standards requiring that providers ensure that those providing interpreting services are competent to do so, and this growing trend for accountability has created an insistence on certifying the skills and knowledge of perspective and current healthcare interpreters. It is in response to this progression that CCHI developed and operates a national, portable credentialing for healthcare interpreters to provide an assurance of competency.
- View the PowerPoint of the webinar "Why do you need to have your interpreters certified?" (March 14, 2014).
- CCHI Fact Sheet
- CCHI Test Content Outline
- Why do Healthcare Providers Choose CCHI-Certified Interpreters?
- Healthcare Providers Brief
- Healthcare Providers Frequently Asked Questions
- CCHI History
- CoreCHI™ Certification
- CCHI Certified Healthcare Interpreter™ Brochure