TO BE ADMITTED TO THE EXAMINATION YOU MUST:
1. Give this Notice to Schedule to the test center proctor when you arrive. For security purposes, you may not keep this confirmation notice with you while you are testing. If you would like this notice back at the conclusion of your testing session, please notify the proctor before you begin your exam.
2. Bring a current government-issued photo identification with signature (Driver's license, immigration card, passport, State ID card, or military ID card). You will NOT be admitted without proper government-issued identification.
- Your first and last name on this notice must match the first and last name on your identification exactly.
- Nicknames are not acceptable
- If you have more than one last name listed on your government-issued photo ID, the same last names must be reflected on this notice.
3. Report to the examination site no later than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled time. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you will not be admitted and may have to re-pay your examination fee to reschedule.
- Smoking is NOT permitted in the examination site.
- Food and beverages are NOT allowed in the examination area. Please refrain from chewing gum when you are recording your responses on the oral exam.
- All personal items including books, notebooks, other papers, all electronic equipment (i.e. cell phones, cameras, etc.), backpacks, purses, coats, etc. are NOT permitted in the exam room and must be left outside of the exam room AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Friends and relatives, including children, will NOT be allowed in the exam building.
- You are not allowed to take any breaks, stand up or move around the testing room during the exam. You are not allowed to leave the testing room until you finish and submit your exam. If you have a health condition that necessitates breaks, you must submit an ADA accommodation request at least 6 weeks prior to the preferred exam date. Read more about our ADA policies and procedures here, or in the Candidate's Examination Handbook.
- The test center will provide you with scratch paper and a pen/pencil only for the oral performance CHI™ exam. You must leave this at the test center at the conclusion of the examination or your examination will be voided. No notes are allowed during the multiple-choice CoreCHI™ exam.
- Computer-based tests are delivered via secure internet connections. Internet connections are subject to the local internet providers in the area. While it is not the norm, Internet connections can, on occasion, be lost momentarily, requiring the proctor to log you back into your examination. If this occurs, inform the proctor that your connection has been lost and they will assist you in logging back in to your exam. Your exam time remaining will be exactly the same as it was when the internet connection was lost.
Prohibited Items: Candidates are expressly prohibited from bringing the following items to the test site:
- cameras, cell phones, optical readers, or other electronic devices that include the ability to photograph, photocopy or otherwise copy test materials,
- notes, books, dictionaries or language dictionaries
- backpacks, bookbags, or luggage
- purses or handbags
- iPods, mp3 players, headphones, or pagers
- calculators, computers, PDAs, or other electronic devices with one or more memories
- personal writing utensils (i.e., pencils, pens, and highlighters)
- food and beverage
- hats, hoods or other headgear and
- coats and jackets (Please note that sweaters and sweatshirts without pockets or hoods are permitted)
PLEASE LEAVE PROHIBITED ITEMS AT HOME OR IN YOUR CAR – THE TEST CENTER MAY NOT HAVE SECURE STORAGE FOR YOUR ITEMS If the proctor determines that you have brought any such item(s) to the test site, the item(s) will not be permitted in the testing room. CCHI and its test centers reserve the right to review the memory of any electronic device to determine whether any examination materials have been photographed or otherwise copied. If the review determines that any examination materials are in the memory of any such device, CCH and its test centers reserve the right to delete such materials and/or retain them for subsequent disciplinary action. Upon completion of the review and any applicable deletions, CCHI or its test center will return your device to you, but will not be responsible for the deletion of any materials that may result from our review, whether or not such materials are examination materials. By bringing any such device into the test site in contravention of our policies, you expressly waive any confidentiality or other similar rights with respect to your device, our review of the memory of your device and/or the deletion of any materials.
Please note that CCHI, the test site, and the test administration staff are not liable for lost or damaged items brought to the test site.
ENVIRONMENTAL DISTRACTIONS: Examination room temperature can be unpredictable; therefore, we suggest that you bring appropriate clothing with you (e.g. sweatshirt) to help you adapt to a cooler or warmer climate in the examination room.